- Teams may have 2 to 4 members. Participants must be at least 12 years old. At least two team members must be 18 years old.
- Team members are required to sign a release before starting the Scramble.
- Teams are encouraged to adopt team names and wear themed costumes. There is a prize for the team with the best costume.
- The Scramble will be closed after three and a half hours. Teams that have not completed the Scramble in that time will receive DNF (did not finish).
- The distance of the Scramble depends on the route taken by each team. Expect 2 to 3 miles. Teams must stay together throughout the Scramble and finish together. Teams are required to find 12 locations correctly.
- The Scramble clock begins when the clue envelopes are opened, and times are recorded as teams finish the Scramble at the place where it began.
- Teams must travel by foot only. No skates, skate boards or roller blades are allowed.
- Teams can use smart phones, tablets or laptops to solve clues. Teams are encouraged to ask anyone, except Scramble officials, for help to solve clues.
- Teams may solve clues and go to locations in any order they choose. Teams must use a phone, digital camera or tablet computer to take a team photo at each location that they find.
- For each clue not completed, or completed incorrectly, teams receive a 20-minute penalty that will be added to their final time. Bonus times are subtracted from the total time. After penalty adjustments and bonuses, teams with times longer than four hours will receive a DNF (did not finish).
- Entry fees are non-refundable, no rain checks. The City Scramble will go on, rain, snow, or shine!
No outside food or drink, other than water bottles, is allowed inside The Weatherford Hotel,