THE RULES & REGULATIONS
The 2022 24th Annual Flagstaff Open Studios
(AUGUST 27-28, 2022)
and the PRELUDE Exhibition
(AUGUST 5-28, 2022)
Please print out, and READ ALL INFORMATION THOROUGHLY and keep for your reference.
Please note ALL deadline dates and fee structure.
THE PARTICIPATION OF ANY ARTIST IN OPEN STUDIOS IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE ACF BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
All active and military veterans can participate in the event for free.
Please contact Executive Director
Mike Frankel for details and/or questions regarding the application process.
THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR
THE 24th ANNUAL
OPEN STUDIOS TOUR:
- I understand I must be a “current” member of ACF to participate in the FOS tour. If I have not paid my annual dues for the year, I am including them in this application as a separate payment with the form provided.
- I understand my application and fees are only for my participation. I will only host artists who are current ACF members and who have registered and paid to participate.
- I understand that no other artist can display and/or sell work at my studio who has not paid the FOS participation fee and that no outside solicitation for any cause may be done without prior notification and consent of the ACF Board of Directors.
- I will open and close my studio on time. I know that I am to be present and open to the public for the entire tour on Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 5pm each day.
- I understand my studio is my own responsibility. The Artists Coalition of Flagstaff is not responsible for stolen items, damage or injuries incurred on my property and I understand there is no insurance provided by The Artists’ Coalition of Flagstaff
- I understand if I am only showing my art and not doing a demo, that I will have my tools of the trade or photos of the art process available to the public to view.
- I will represent The Artists’ Coalition of Flagstaff in a professional manner and support the ACF mission and goals.
- I understand that if I submit images for the online/print guide, they may or may not be used. If used, I give full permission to print and electronically publish them. There will be a guide available with a map and the usual preview images and descriptions of your artwork and directions to your location, located at flagstaff-arts.org and available for download by all. There will be hard copies available at the ARTS CONNECTION gallery at the Flagstaff Mall and many locations throughout the greater Flagstaff area and beyond.
- I understand that if I do not have studio space available, I can be located at another artists’ studio and the ACF will facilitate.
Special Covid-19 Precautions
If applicable at the time of the Event:
Each individual location on the Flagstaff Open Studios tour will be responsible for Covid-19 safety precautions in line with CDC guidance in effect at the time of the event.
Social Distancing, sanitizing and mask wearing will be subject to the safety and comfort level of the artist(s) at each location. Prepackaged food snacks and sealed bottled beverages are suggested if you wish to serve refreshments. Strict precautions will also be in place, if required at the Prelude Exhibition for the entire run.
THE RULES & REGULATIONS
THE FLAGSTAFF OPEN STUDIOS
(August 5-28, 2022):
- I understand I am not required to participate in the Exhibition and that it is my choice. You are also not required to have your piece for sale but many pieces end up selling during the event.
- I understand that I may display up to two pieces of my work in the Exhibition and that the fee to participate in Open Studios includes participation in the Exhibition. If my artwork sells, I will be able to replace the sold artwork with new pieces.
- I will drop off and pick up my artwork on the set times and dates or make arrangements with a friend or relative to do so if I cannot. I realize I have to meet this schedule and if my piece is not picked up as scheduled it will be disposed of at the discretion of the ACF Board of Directors
- I understand my artwork is my own responsibility and any applicable sales tax is required to be paid by me, not the ACF.
- I understand there is no insurance provided by the ACF.
- I understand there is a 30% commission on sales of art, in the PRELUDE EXHIBITION, which goes to the ACF.
- I understand my artwork must be complete and ready to show and include necessary exhibit finishes such as appropriate safe and sturdy hanging wire and appropriate frame for flat pieces. Paintings, sculpture or other media will be dry and set. All artwork must be labeled on the back with full name, phone number, street address and email address, title of the piece, medium, price (if for sale) and I understand this is the information that will appear on the exhibit label, and taken from the PRELUDE Take-in form, which MUST be filled out legibly!
entire Exhibition. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- I understand I can place a set of my publicity information, plus business cards at the designated place at the Exhibition.
- I understand that I MUST volunteer to cover one shift staffing the PRELUDE preview exhibition, REGARDLESS OF MY PARTICPATION IN PRELUDE!
- I understand that all participating artists IN OPEN STUDIOS MUST VOUNTEER for a task that needs to be completed for FOS and/or for the PRELUDE Exhibition. Failure to do this will put your further participation in FOS at risk.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
Artist APPLICATION Early
11:59 PM April 15, 2022
Artist APPLICATION Final
11:59 PM May 1, 2022
ABSOLUTELY – POSITIVELY - NO LATE ENTRIES!
August 2 – 10 AM- 6 PM:
PRELUDE Take-In for the sample piece(s). Host artists
pick up artist’s packets and promotional materials.
August 5 - Prelude Opening Reception 6 to 8 PM. August 27 & 28 - Open Studios tour weekend
August 28 – Last day of PRELUDE preview exhibit.
August 29 -NOON – 6 PM
Pick up unsold artwork and return of Host promotional materials at ARTS CONNECTION GALLERY Flagstaff Mall.
NO EXCEPTIONS OR LATE PICK UP!