THE RULES & REGULATIONS
The 2021 23rd Annual Flagstaff Open Studios
(AUGUST 28-29, 2021)
Please print out, and READ ALL INFORMATION THOROUGHLY and keep for your reference.
Please note ALL deadline dates and fees.
THE PARTICIPATION OF ANY ARTIST IN OPEN STUDIOS IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE ACF BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
All active and military veterans can participate in the event for free.
Mike Frankel for details and application process and any questions in general about the event.
THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR
THE OPEN STUDIOS TOUR:
- I understand my application and fees are only for my participation. I will only host artists who are current ACF members and who have registered and paid to participate.
- I understand I must be a “current” member of ACF to participate in the FOS tour. If I have not paid my annual dues for the year, I am including them in this application as a separate payment with the form provided.
* I understand that if I submit images for the online guide and my virtual Prelude web page, (SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS) they may or may not be used. If used, I give full permission to print and electronically publish them.
- I will open and close my studio on time. I know that I am to be present and open to the public for the entire tour on Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 5pm each day.
- I understand my studio is my own responsibility. The Artists Coalition of Flagstaff is not responsible for stolen items, damage or injuries incurred on my property and I understand there is no insurance provided by The Artists’ Coalition of Flagstaff
- I understand that no other artist can display and/or sell work at my studio who has not paid the FOS participation fee and that no outside solicitation for any cause may be done without prior notification and consent of the ACF Board of Directors.
- I understand if I am only showing my art and not doing a demo, that I will have my tools of the trade or photos of the art process available to the public to view.
- I will represent The Artists’ Coalition of Flagstaff in a professional manner and support the ACF mission and goals.
- I understand that if I do not have studio space available, I can be located at another artists’ studio and the ACF will facilitate.
Special Covid-19 Precautions:
Each individual location on the Flagstaff Open Studios tour will be responsible for Covid-19 safety precautions in line with CDC guidance in effect at the time of the event.
Social Distancing, sanitizing and mask wearing will be subject to the safety and comfort level of the artist(s) at each location.
Prepackaged food snacks and sealed bottled beverages are suggested if you wish to serve refreshments.
THE RULES & REGULATIONS for the “VIRTUAL PRELUDE”, THE ONLINE FLAGSTAFF OPEN STUDIOS PREVIEW EXHIBITION:
Due to safety concerns, there will be no in person Prelude exhibition this year, and the absence of the exhibition is reflected in the greatly reduced participation fee.
Each participating artist will have their own web page at flagstaff-arts.org to exhibit images of your artwork (up to 10 images), along with a description of your work and directions to your studio location for the event. Images for the “Open Studios Guide” will be chosen from these images.
The pages will be live at the beginning of August and will be available for viewing through the weekend of the Open Studios event.
There will be a guide available with a map and the usual preview images and descriptions of your artwork and directions to your location, but this will be located at flagstaff-arts.org and available for download by all. There will be a limited number of hard copies available at the ARTS CONNECTION gallery at the Flagstaff Mall if requested by visitors/attendees to Flagstaff Open Studios.
I understand I am not required to participate in the “Virtual Prelude “Exhibition and that it is my choice.
DATES AND DEADLINES:
Artist APPLICATION Deadline
11:59 PM July 31, 2021
ABSOLUTELY – POSITIVELY - NO LATE ENTRIES!
August 16 – Host Packets with signs, balloons, tips, promotional materials will be available at the ARTS CONNECTION, Flagstaff Mall during the hours of Noon to 7 PM.
August 28 & 29 - Open Studios tour weekend.
August 30 – Return of Host promotional materials at ARTS CONNECTION GALLERY Flagstaff Mall Noon to 7 PM.