THE RULES & REGULATIONS
The 2020 23rd Annual Flagstaff Open Studios
(AUGUST 22-23, 2020)
And the PRELUDE Exhibition
(AUGUST 1-30, 2020)
Please DOWNLOAD, PRINT OUT (PDF BELOW) , and READ ALL INFORMATION THOROUGHLY and keep for your reference.
Please note ALL deadline dates and fee structure.
THE PARTICIPATION OF ANY ARTIST IN OPEN STUDIOS IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE ACF BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
All active and military veterans can participate in the event for free.
Please contact Executive Director
Mike Frankel for details and application process.
Call or email ACF Executive Director:
THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR
FLAGSTAFF OPEN STUDIOS:
- I understand my application and fees are only for my participation. I will only host artists who are current ACF members and who have registered and paid to participate.
- I understand I must be a “current” member of ACF to participate in the FOS tour. If I have not paid my annual dues for the year, I am including them in this application as a separate payment with the form provided.
- I understand that if I submit images for the brochure, they may or may not be used. If used, I give full permission to print and electronically publish them.
- I will open and close my studio on time. I know that I am to be present and open to the public for the entire tour on Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 5pm each day.
- I understand my studio is my own responsibility. The Artists Coalition of Flagstaff is not responsible for stolen items, damage or injuries incurred on my property and I understand there is no insurance provided by The Artists’ Coalition of Flagstaff
- I understand that no other artist can display and/or sell work at my studio who has not paid the FOS participation fee and that no outside solicitation for any cause may be done without prior notification and consent of the ACF Board of Directors.
- I understand if I am only showing my art and not doing a demo, that I will have my tools of the trade or photos of the art process available to the public to view.
- I will represent The Artists’ Coalition of Flagstaff in a professional manner and support the ACF mission and goals.
- I understand that if I do not have studio space available, I can be located at another artists’ studio and the ACF will facilitate.
THE RULES & REGULATIONS
THE FLAGSTAFF OPEN STUDIOS PREVIEW EXHIBITION:
Participants will be allowed to enter, exhibit and sell TWO pieces of art if desired. Participants will also be able to replace sold artwork with new pieces.
- I understand I am not required to participate in the Exhibition and that it is my choice.
- I understand that I may display up to two pieces of my work in the Exhibition and that the fee to participate in Open Studios includes participation in the Exhibition. If my artwork sells, I will be able to replace any sold artwork with new pieces.
- I will drop off and pick up my artwork on the set times and dates or make arrangements with a friend or relative to do so if I cannot. I realize I have to meet this schedule and if my piece is not picked up as scheduled it will be disposed of at the discretion of the ACF Board of Directors
- I understand my artwork is my own responsibility and any applicable sales tax is required to be paid by me, not the ACF.
- I understand there is no insurance provided by the ACF.
- I understand there is a 30% commission on sales of art, in the PRELUDE EXHIBITION, which goes to the ACF.
I understand my artwork must be completed and ready to show and include necessary exhibit finishes such as appropriate safe and sturdy hanging wire and appropriate frame for flat pieces. Paintings, sculpture or other media will be dry and set. My artwork must be labeled on the back with my full name, phone number, street address and email address. I will include the title of the piece, medium, price (if for sale) and I understand this is the information that will appear on the exhibit label, and taken from the PRELUDE Take-in form., which MUST be filled out legibly!
I understand I am not to remove or alter my artwork and label throughout the entire Exhibition.
- I understand I can place a set of my publicity information, plus business cards at the designated place at the Exhibition.
* I understand that I MUST volunteer to cover
one shift staffing the PRELUDE preview exhibition,
regardless of my participation in PRELUDE!
All participating artists in Open Studios are permitted up to two pieces of art to display that represent their work. Many art lovers and potential customers will visit during the Opening reception, run of the exhibition, or will begin their tour weekend at this exhibition and determine which studios to visit. The preview opening reception, gala, evening event attracts a huge crowd with good food, great music and of course the finest art in Flagstaff. Many pieces end up selling that night.
You are not required to have your piece for sale.
All participating artists MUST VOUNTEER
for a task that needs to be completed for FOS and/or for the PRELUDE Exhibition.
Failure to do this will put your further participation in FOS
DATES AND DEADLINES:
Artist APPLICATION Early Deadline:
11:59 PM April 1, 2020
Artist APPLICATION Final Deadline
11:59 PM April 15th 2020
ABSOLUTELY – POSITIVELY - NO LATE ENTRIES!
JULY 29 – 10 AM- 6pm
Take-In for the sample piece(s). Host artists pick up artist’s packets and promotional materials.
August 1 - Preview Opening Reception 6 to 9 PM
August 22 & 23 - Open Studios tour weekend
August 30 – Last day of PRELUDE preview exhibit
August 31 -NOON – 6 PM –Pick up unsold artwork
NO EXCEPTIONS OR LATE PICK UP!