PLEASE NOTE THE
AND FEE STRUCTURES THIS YEAR.
THE RULES & REGULATIONS
The 2019 22nd Annual Flagstaff Open Studios
Please Read the following information THOROUGHLY and/or Download (see below), print out, and keep for your reference.
Rules and regulations for THE OPEN STUDIOS TOUR:
- I understand my application and fees are only for my participation. I will only host artists who are current ACF members and who have registered and paid to participate.
- I understand I must be a “current” member of ACF to participate in the FOS tour. If I have not paid my annual dues for the year, I am including them in this application as a separate payment with the form provided.
- I understand that if I submit images for the brochure, they may or may not be used. If used, I give full permission to print and electronically publish them.
- I will open and close my studio on time. I know that I am to be present and open to the public for the entire tour on Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 5pm each day.
- I understand my studio is my own responsibility. The Artists Coalition of
- I understand that no other artist can display and/or sell work at my studio who has not paid the FOS participation fee and that no outside solicitation for any cause may be done without prior notification and consent of the ACF Board of Directors.
- I understand if I am only showing my art and not doing a demo, that I will have my tools of the trade or photos of the art process available to the public to view.
- I will represent The Artists’ Coalition of Flagstaff in a professional manner and support the ACF mission and goals
THE RULES & REGULATIONS:
FOR “PRELUDE” THE FLAGSTAFF OPEN STUDIOS
Participants will be allowed to enter, exhibit and sell TWO pieces of art if desired. Participants will also be able to replace sold artwork with new pieces.
- I understand I am not required to participate in the Exhibition and that it is my choice.
- I understand that I may display up to two pieces of my work in the Exhibition and that the fee to participate in Open Studios includes participation in the Exhibition.
- I will drop off and pick up my artwork on the set times and dates or make arrangements with a friend or relative to do so if I cannot. I realize I have to meet this schedule and if my piece is not picked up as scheduled it will be disposed of at the discretion of the ACF Board of Directors
- I understand my artwork is my own responsibility and any applicable sales tax is required to be paid by me, not the ACF.
- I understand there is no insurance provided by the ACF.
- I understand there is a 30% commission on sales of art, which goes to the ACF.
- I understand my artwork must be completed and ready to show and include necessary exhibit finishes such as appropriate safe and sturdy hanging wire and appropriate frame for flat pieces. Paintings sculpture or other media will be dry and set.
- I understand my artwork must be labeled on the back with my full name, phone number, street address and email address. I will include the title of the piece, medium, price (if for sale) and I understand this is the information that will appear on the exhibit label, and taken from the PRELUDE Take-in form.
****I understand I am not to remove or alter my artwork and label throughout the entire Exhibition.****
- I understand I can place a set of my publicity information, plus business cards at the designated place at the Exhibition.
* I understand that I MUST volunteer to cover one shift staffing the PRELUDE preview exhibition.
There will be NO EXCEPTIONS!
All participating artists in Open Studios are permitted up to two pieces of art to display that represent their work. Many art lovers and potential customers will
visit during the Opening reception, run of the exhibition, or will begin their tour weekend at this exhibition and determine which studios to visit. The preview
opening reception, gala, evening event attracts a huge crowd with good food, great music and of course the finest art in Flagstaff. Many pieces end up selling that night.
You are not required to have your piece for sale.
All participating artists MUST volunteer for a task that needs to be completed for FOS and/or for the
***EMERGING ARTISTS RULES AND REGULATIONS***
The following are in addition to all of the above rules and regulations and include the requirements for participation in FOS as an emerging artists.
Early registration is urged for emerging artists since there will be an event described below, that you
An emerging artist is defined as:
- An artist that has never participated in Flagstaff Open Studios
- An artist that has not displayed or sold their artwork in any gallery, location, or venue in Flagstaff with the exception of the ACF’s ARTS CONNECTION.
The number of emerging artists allowed to participate in FOS with be limited to the first 10 to apply.
Emerging artists may, if so desired, be placed with an established artist to ensure maximum exposure to the public. Emerging artists may also be at their own studio location if so desired. If you choose to show at your own studio location, you will be required to attend the BOOT CAMP as described below.
There will be a FREE FOS BOOT CAMP, included in all registrations, on APRIL 13th from 1 PM to 4 PM for emerging artists and returning veteran FOS artists. This Boot Camp will feature tips and guidelines for preparing for FOS, presenting and pricing artwork, interacting with the public to promote sales, and other relevant topics.
IF YOU CANNOT OR WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE BOOT CAMP, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY AS AN “EMERGING ARTIST.
The participation fee for an emerging artists will be $60.00 and the deadline for entry is 11:59 PM April 1st 2019.
No extensions or exceptions.
Standard Artist Early Deadline Fee: $110.00
Deadline 11:59 PM April 1, 2019
Standard Artist Final Deadline Fee: $135.00
Deadline 11:59 PM April 15th 2019
IMPORTANT DATES- MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
April 1 - Early discount application and Emerging Artist deadline.
April 15 - Final Deadline for application and member fees. ABSOLUTELY - POSITIVELY NO LATE ENTRIES!
JULY 31–NOON - 6pm - Take-In for the sample piece(s). Host artists pick up artist’s packets and promotional materials.
August 3 - Preview Opening Reception 6 to 9 PM
August 24 & 25 - Open Studios tour weekend
August 25 – Last day of PRELUDE preview Exhibit
August 26 -NOON – 6 PM –Pick up unsold artwork
NO EXCEPTIONS OR LATE PICK UP!
Call or email ACF Executive Director: Mike Frankel - 522-6969 firstname.lastname@example.org